Tuesday, June 24, 2014

180 Painting the foreground

I made a short video with Gbox about painting the foreground. It is often hard to get a really fresh and energized foreground. It's necessary to use more abbreviated strokes and abstract shapes in the foreground because adding too much detail attracts too much attention away from the focal points. In this particular composition I wanted to lead the eye away from the center where I placed a round treenot the best idea—but I wanted to see if I could make this work with a very active and high chroma foreground.


This Gbox video is available free. You can earn points by sharing and purchasing videos. These points can then be redeemed to watch other videos. I think it's an intriguing idea and wanted to experiment to see how it worked. If you've purchased any of the Gbox videos you will have earned at least one point to watch this. Let me know how it works for you.

4 comments:

  1. I have had some success with your Gbox videos, buying and viewing them, but some failure as well. I'm not sure that I get how it works or is supposed to work. For example, this video won't play for more than a couple of seconds before stopping, not like it's buffering but more like the Gbox process isn't working. There's no offer to buy it, as there usually is. And when I have purchased a video ( three or four so far ) I have not received the amount of credit points for it that make any sense. In short, it feels like the beta stage of a clunky format. Of course I am not a computer whiz and the 'clunky' quality is probably due to my own ineptness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it is fixed now. Not sure what the problem was but Gbox seems pretty intent on getting things right. Naturally in a beta version things will be a little buggy. I know they want to get things as easy as possible without the user having any obstacles to viewing. Thanks for your patience. I really appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's it going, Brad?

    Things seem so quiet with the art blogs I follow. Truth be told, I'm finding it hard to get in front of the canvas myself and stay busy with art. It seems that even FASO content seems to be dwindling, too. I can't get over how diminished artist activity seems to be. Are you seeing the same things? Many of the artists I follow seem to have become silent for the past month or two. Wow.

    Anyways, I'm working on a Seascape. I'll probably start it tomorrow. I'm still tweaking the design a bit (markers on non-staining paper) to get it right. I've got someone who's interested in buying, so I figured I'd head down that road and do a couple seascapes. It's been a while since I've painted the ocean, so I'm going to see if I can do that. I'll probably do a few: A calmer ocean scene full of color, a more powerful wave action piece, and a furious wave action piece.

    Anyways, just wanted to drop by and say hello. I still keep peaking in on you from time to time.

    God bless, amigo. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been blogging lately due to painting outside so much. Plus I'm getting ready to go to Door County for the plein air festival there and it seems to have occupied a big chunk of my attention. Not sure but others might be in the same boat. Those compositions seem like good scenes for summer. Good to hear from you, Bob.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...